Turkish Bread with Eggplant and Walnut Dip
- 1 charred grilled eggplant (aubergine)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g (1 cup) labne [yoghurt cheese]
- Sweet paprika, for sprinkling
- Turkish bread toasted/warm
- Sea Salt, for taste
- Roughly chop the eggplant and place in a bowl.
- Mix together the garlic, walnuts and olive oil.
- Gently fold the mixture into the eggplant with the labne [yoghurt cheese].
- Season to taste with sea salt.
- Serve with toasted Turkish bread and sprinkled with paprika
Save time and buy pre-char-grilled eggplant, available at the deli or supermarket.