Eye Fillet with Red Onion Jam
- 4 Eye Fillet Steaks
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbs roughly chopped lemon thyme
Red onion jam
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 star anise
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 red onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs roughly chopped lemon thyme
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) red wine
- 1 lemon, zested & juiced
- Heat oil in a large, pan over medium–high heat.
- Add star anise, cinnamon, garlic and onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in thyme, sugar, wine and lemon zest and juice.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium, then simmer until mixture becomes syrupy. Transfer to a bowl, and allow to cool.
- Place Eye Fillet in a fry pan and cook to your preference.
- Serve immediately.
- Warm it up! To ensure your meat cooks evenly from edge to Centre, bring your steak to room temperature before you add it to the grill
15 minutes + resting time