Buttermilk pancakes with raspberries and yoghurt
• 1 cup (150g) wholemeal self-raising flour
• 1 tbs caster sugar
• 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
• 1 egg
• 2 tbs honey
• 1/2 cup (130g) natural yoghurt, to serve• fresh raspberries to serve
1. Combine flour and caster sugar in a large bowl. Whisk buttermilk and egg together in a jug. Add to flour mixture and whisk until smooth.
2. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, spray with cooking oil. Ladle 1/3 cup (80ml) of the mixture into pan and spread to an even thickness. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until bubbles start to appear on surface. Carefully flip pancake and cook for another minute or until pancake is golden. Transfer to a plate and repeat to make 8 pancakes, spraying a little more oil between pancakes.
3. Using a 10cm heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut 8 heart shapes from the pikelets.
4. Serve pikelets with a dollop of yoghurt, fresh raspberries and a drizzle of honey. Top with a little mint if desired.
4 (Makes 8)