Broccoli & Cheese Omelette
- 2-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted Greek olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Shaved Romano cheese and minced fresh parsley
- Steam broccoli and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Stir in steamed broccoli, grated cheese and olives.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat and pour in egg mixture. Cook, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until nearly set. Let stand 5 minutes then cut into wedges.
- Sprinkle with shaved cheese and parsley.
Fresh eggs? here’s how to tell:
Fill a bowl with cold water and place your eggs in the bowl:
If they sink to the bottom and lay flat on their side they’re fresh.
If they’re a few weeks old but still good to eat, they’ll stand on one end at the bottom of the bowl.
If they float to the surface, chuck them out!!