Apple & Berry Compote
- 6 Apples, peeled & diced.
- 50 gm Sultanas
- Lemon, zested
- Orange, zested
- Cinnamon quill
- Vanilla pod, halved & scraped.
- ½ punnet Strawberries, cleaned & halved, or Blue berries, Raspberries
- Yoghurt, flavour of your choice.
- Place the apples, lemon, orange, cinnamon, and vanilla into a pot with a little cold water to cover the bottom. Place on the stove, and cook on a medium heat until the apples begin to break down, about 10 – 15 minutes, then add the sultanas and continue to cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the strawberries, mix together, ensure you take out the vanilla pod and cinnamon quill (do not eat them).
- Serve in a bowl, warm or chilled with a spoonful of your favorite yoghurt.
- Now Eat!
- This recipe can easily be turned into a crumble!
1½ cups (225g) plain (all-purpose) flour
¾ cup (165g) caster (superfine) sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup (90g) rolled oats
225g unsalted butter, melted
Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
Place fruit a 1.5-litre-capacity ovenproof dish.
To make the crumble topping, place the flour, sugar, cinnamon, oats and butter in a large bowl and mix Spoon the crumble mixture over the fruit. Bake for 40–45 minutes, or until the crumble is golden and the apples are soft.