- Our Privacy Commitment
CBRE (V) Pty Limited ACN 083 694 357 acting as agent for and on behalf of Casey Shopping Centre Pty Ltd ACN 615 763 034 (as trustee for the Casey Shopping Centre Trust) (Owner) ABN 28219899771, in relation to the property known as Casey Central Shopping Centre, at 400 Narre Warren Cranbourne Road, Narre Warren South, Victoria, is committed to managing your personal information openly and transparently and to protect your personal information. We aim to take all necessary measures to fulfil this commitment, including to, as appropriate:
- comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”);
- ensure that we manage your personal information openly and transparently;
- only collect personal information from you that we need in order to offer you the best possible service and customer experience;
- tell you how we might use your personal information;
- let you know if we need to disclose your personal information to anyone else (including anyone overseas) and if so, in what circumstances this might occur;
- keep your personal information secure;
- promptly respond to any request by you not to receive direct marketing material from us;
- make sure your personal information is kept accurate and up to date and to properly dispose of any personal information which is no longer required by us; and
- ensure that you can access and correct your personal information.
- About this Policy
This policy is intended to explain clearly and in plain language some of the key processes and procedures that we have implemented to manage your personal information, to protect your privacy and to comply with the Privacy Act 1988, including the Australian Privacy Principles.
References to “our”, “us” and “we” in this policy are references to CBRE (V) Pty Limited acting as agent for and on behalf of Casey Central Shopping Centre.
www.caseycentral.com.au (“Website”) is owned by the Casey Shopping Centre Trust and administered by CBRE (V) Pty Limited acting as agent for and on behalf of the Casey Shopping Centre Trust.
This policy gives a broad overview of our policies in relation to privacy but if you require further information, you are welcome to contact us or to read any of the privacy statements or notices that will be issued to you as and when personal information is collected.
- What sorts of personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information to enable us to provide to you the best possible service and customer experience.
Depending on the exact nature of our relationship with you, we may request that you provide some or all of the following information:
- information that we may require to initially identify you, including your name, home address and your date of birth;
- information that we can use to contact you, including your telephone number, mobile number, email address, work address, mailing address;
- information we may require to confirm your identity, including your driver’s licence number, passport details, business name, Medicare card;
- information about your transactions and interactions with us and the Casey Central Shopping Centre;
- information that may assist us to confirm your financial position or credit history when you are considering a finance or credit arrangement, including your credit card details, bank details, purchase history or transaction details and loan and credit information where finance arrangements apply.
It would be very unusual for us to need to collect all or even most of the above information from you however the information we collect will depend on the specific service or services that we are providing to you.
The Act places restrictions on us collecting sensitive information about you (which includes information about your health, religion, political views, ethnicity, criminal records and sexual preferences). Generally we will not collect this type of information, however we may need to collect some sensitive information (with your consent or as otherwise authorised by law) in some circumstances such as if you are applying for a job with us or are involved in an accident at Casey Central Shopping Centre.
- Why do we require your personal information?
There are various reasons why we might need to collect, hold, use or disclose your personal information and this will depend upon the specific services that we are providing to you. We will generally tell you the main reason for asking for your personal information at the time when we ask you to provide it.
Usually, the main reason that we will need to collect your personal information will be relating to a service that we are providing to you or are about to provide to you and for contacting you in relation to those services. Our main services include the sale, rental and delivery of goods; providing a forum for product and service reviews and feedback; providing information and responding to queries in relation to our goods and services; facilitating competitions; facilitating online chat; coordinating the provision of credit; processing of warranties and coordinating the installation of goods.
We may also use your personal information for other reasons, including:
- to contact you in relation to an event, special offer or product that you might be interested in;
- preventing fraud and other criminal activities;
- to assist us to run our business and to improve our services and performance, including staff training, accounting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development, developing new products and services and undertaking planning, research and statistical analysis; and
- to comply with our legal obligations.
There is generally no obligation for you to provide us with any of your personal information but if you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods or services that you require.
- How do we collect your personal information?
The means by which we collect your personal information will depend on the nature of the service that we are providing to you.
We may collect your personal information:
- directly from you, either in person or over the phone (including via call recordings);
- when you place an order via the Website;
- when you interact with the Website;
- from video surveillance conducted at Casey Central Shopping Centre; or
- from other sources.
- Collecting and disclosing personal information about others
You represent and warrant to us that where you provide personal information to us about another person:
- you are authorised to provide that information to us;
- you have obtained the express consent of the individual to disclose their personal information to us for its relevant use, including for use in our business and to provide our services;
- you have complied with the APPs in collecting that personal information, including by making all relevant notifications required under APP 5; and
- Unsolicited personal information
- How do we use or disclose your personal information?
We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related purpose such as:
- to facilitate and promote competitions or promotions;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
- to enable us to provide a product or a service to you;
- to coordinate delivery of your goods;
- to facilitate and process your orders and payments;
- to carry out or respond to your queries or requests;
- to provide information to you that you have requested;
- to provide additional information to you as requested by you and to respond to your queries about our products;
- to facilitate your entry into competitions run through the Website;
- to facilitate online chat;
- to facilitate the provision of credit to you as required;
- to analyse trends in sales and better understand your needs;
- to develop, improve and market our products and services to you;
- for regulatory reporting and compliance with our legal obligations;
- to undertake fraud checks, protect against fraud, unlawful activity and misconduct and for related security purposes;
- to perform administrative and operational tasks (including risk management, systems development and testing, staff training and collecting debts);
- to facilitate product reviews and to seek your feedback in relation to particular products, customer satisfaction and our relationship with you and to manage any customer complaints;
- for use in direct marketing of promotions, products and services that we think might be of interest to you, including to add to a database compiled by us for this purpose;
- to monitor or improve the quality and standard of service that we provide to you;
- to consider any concerns or complaints you may raise against us;
- to notify you of offers that may be of interest to you; and
- to better understand your preferences.
- Do we share your personal information with others?
Wherever possible, we will limit the information provided to independent third parties to that information required for those third parties to properly perform their functions. Further, our contracts with these third parties will always require the third parties to comply with the APPs (or equivalent standards).
Other Recipient Parties with which we may exchange personal information include:
- third party suppliers of our goods or services, including third party application owners or licensors;
- regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies (e.g. for regulatory reporting, to protect against fraud and for related security purposes);
- our agents, successors and/or assigns; and
- your representatives.
- Do we use your personal information for marketing purposes?
As part of the services that we provide to you, we may:
- use personal information that we have collected about you to identify a product or service that may benefit you;
- contact you from time to time to let you know about a product or service that we believe you might be interested in; and
- disclose your personal information to our related entities, any one or more of the Recipient Parties or to our business partners (including third party facilitators) to enable them to tell you about a product or service that you might be interested in.
You may make a request that we do not disclose your personal information to facilitate direct marketing by another organisation and you may request that we provide you with the source of any personal information we use for direct marketing purposes. Any such requests will be actioned within a reasonable period and there will be no charges to you for making, or to you from us actioning, such requests.
- How do we store your personal information?
We hold personal information electronically and in hard copy form, both at our own premises and with the assistance of our service providers. We have implemented appropriate processes and techniques (including physical security such as locks and security systems and computer and network security, including firewalls, passwords and data access restrictions) to protect personal information from loss, misuse and interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We are also required to take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information where it is no longer required.
While care is taken to protect your personal information on the Website, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed as 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email as we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your personal information, we are required to protect it in accordance with the Act.
- Maintaining your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that:
- the information that we collect about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time of collection;
- when we use your personal information, it is accurate, up-to-date, complete and accurate at the time of use; and
- if we disclose your personal information, it is accurate, up-to-date, complete and accurate at the time of disclosure.
- Will we disclose your personal information to anyone overseas?
There may be circumstances where we need to disclose personal information that we hold about you to a third party overseas. This may occur, for example, where we have a database or server hosted outside Australia or where you are interacting with an application which is based overseas.
The countries to which we are most likely to send your personal information include the United States of America and the United Kingdom.
- How can you access your personal information?
Usually we will be able to provide you with access to your personal information upon receipt of your written request, either by email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post sent to Casey Central, 400 Narre Warren Cranbourne Road, Narre Warren South, Victoria, 3805. There are some limited circumstances in which we may not be able to provide you with access to your personal information when requested. Such circumstances might include where access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of another person or where such access would unreasonably impact on the privacy of others.
Where you request access to your personal information, we will respond to any such request within a reasonable period after the request is made and if possible, we will provide you with access to your information in the manner requested by you, if specified. In any event, we will take all reasonable steps to give you access to your information in a way that meets your needs.
If we deny you access to your personal information for any reason, or if we are unable to provide you with access to your information in the manner requested by you, then we will provide you with a written notice confirming:
- the reason for such refusal; and
- the procedure to complain about the refusal.
We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to your personal information but we will not charge you for any request you might make to access your information.
- How can you seek to correct your personal information?
We do what we can to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. To assist us to do this, please ensure that you provide us with correct information at the time you provide it to us and immediately inform us if your details change at any time. If we are concerned that any of your information is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading, or if you request that we correct any of your information, then we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information to ensure that it is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading in the context of the purpose for which it is held.
If we correct any of your personal information and that information has previously been disclosed to another entity that is required to comply with the APPs, then, upon your request to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify that other entity of the correction unless such notification is impracticable or unlawful.
If we refuse to correct your personal information following a request by you to do so, then we will provide you with a written notice confirming:
- the reason for such refusal; and
- the procedure to complain about the refusal.
If we refuse to correct your personal information following a request by you to do so and you request that we associate with the information a statement that the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading then we will take reasonable steps to associate the statement with the information so that the statement is apparent to users of the information.
We will respond to any requests regarding the correction of your personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
We will not charge you for any request to correct your personal information, nor will we pass on to you any costs incurred by us in correcting your personal information or for associating a statement with your personal information.
- What if you want to make a complaint about some aspect of our privacy procedures?
We are committed to maintaining and protecting your privacy but it is possible that in limited circumstances, mistakes might be made. If you are concerned with the way your personal information has been handled then you are entitled to make a complaint. If you would like to lodge a complaint, please contact us through our concierge, whose details are set out below.
Postal: Casey Central, 400 Narre Warren Cranbourne Road, Narre Warren South, Victoria, 3805
E-mail address: email@example.com
Phone: 03 9786 4101
If your personal information has not been handled in an appropriate way, we will do our best to remedy your concerns as quickly as possible, including by acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 48 hours and trying to resolve the complaint within 10 working days. Where this is not possible, we will contact you within this period to let you know an anticipated time frame within which your complaint will be resolved.
If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, you may apply to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”) to have the complaint heard and determined.
- Links to other websites
This Website may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by other parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
- Changes to this policy
- How can you contact us?
Please find below our contact details. Please do not hesitate to contact us in relation to any privacy-related concerns and we will use our best endeavours to address any such concerns thoroughly and in a timely manner.
If it is practical to do so, you can contact us without identifying yourself. However, if you choose not to identify yourself, it may be more difficult for us to assist you with your enquiry. This will depend on the nature of your enquiry.
Casey Central, 400 Narre Warren Cranbourne Road, Narre Warren South, Victoria, 3805
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 03 9768 4101
- Express consent to collection, storage, use and disclosure